Unique Photography Retreats for Women – to Connect with Nature, Wildlife and Your Camera
If you love to immerse yourself in nature and the outdoors, with your camera in hand, take a look at Shutterbug Walkabouts. They are a boutique tour and experience operator in Tasmania, founded in 2012 by local Tasmanian residents Coreena and Roy Vieth.
Coreena is excited to be offering new Deluxe Women-only Photography Escapes. This is her passion project.
Coreena has always found that photography enables you to truly live in the moment. Photography makes you appreciate the finer details of life that without your camera you may have overlooked. She said “Over the past few months, one thing that has become apparent to me more than ever before… being outdoors taking photos grounds me. I’m a nature and wildlife photographer and I love to spend time outdoors with my camera. For me it’s a chance to slow down, immerse myself in nature, see things differently and seek clarity through whatever journey I am on with my camera in hand.”
Now Coreena has designed these unique, women only photography escapes so that she can share, with other female photographers, a mindful photography practice providing an escape from the busyness of everyday life.
Shutterbug Walkabouts’ new photography escapes are meaningful and hassle-free. They give women with an interest in photography an opportunity to stop, reconnect and rejuvenate in the spectacular Tasmanian wilderness; whether it is composing an image in a viewfinder, immersing yourself in nature’s beauty or simply enjoying female company over a good meal and a bottle of wine. The aim of the escapes is to bring you back to living life in the moment and allowing your worries and stress to melt away.
The intimate, semi-private, group escapes blend experiential activities, boutique accommodation, gourmet meals, calm travel and mindful photography in a supportive environment.
Shutterbug Walkabouts is offering these photography retreats for women in three different Tamanian locations:
- Flinders Island in May and September
- Rathmore, Derwent Valley in October
- Bruny Island in June and November
An intimate group of 6 like-minded women, who share a passion for photography will enjoy the breath-taking scenery, abundant birdlife and pristine beaches or beautiful country-side in these distinct locations.
Photography Retreat includes:
- Experiential activities, daily photo shoots and tutorials and meaningful activities to enhance the overall experience
- Encounters with birds and wildlife in their natural habitat
- Space and time to connect with nature and create impactful images
- Spectacular sunrises and sunsets
- Stylish, characterful, elegant and/or sophisticated accommodation
- Deluxe meals and refreshments
- Wine, cheese and good conversation
- All in a thoughtful and supportive environment
- Scenic flights or transfers, depending on the retreat
- A bonus gift showcasing one of your favourite images
- Pre-trip: 1-hour group Master Your Camera tutorial (via skype), scheduled to occur about a week before
- Post-trip: 1-hour individual guidance for processing your images at home (via phone or skype) Plus, personalised written critique for up to 3 of your favourite images taken during the escape
A calm journey of re-connection with nature, like-minded women and, of course, their cameras.
To find out more about this unique opportunity, please visit the Shutterbug Walkabouts website or contact Coreena Vieth on 0417 599 283.
You’ll find more retreats on our What’s On page.