Place Categories: NSW and RuralPlace Tags: Retreat Venues and retreat venues nsw
Sacred Hearth Sanctuary, Byron Hinterland
Sacred Hearth Sanctuary private retreat venue makes it easy to host or attend a retreat.
This is a peaceful and private retreat sanctuary tucked at the back of Blindmouth Valley in the Byron Hinterland. It’s set on 35 acres of stunning, undulating grounds, bordered by 500 acres of old-growth rainforest creating a particular rare, still embrace; a bit like being held in the loving arms of Mother.
Overlooked by the beauty of Mount Boogarem (‘Lore’ Mountain), they are situated only 10 mins from Mullumbimby, beautiful swimming holes, the Byron hinterland and markets, 20 mins from the beach, and 25 mins from Byron Bay. At the Sanctuary you’ll feel miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Share communal meals in the dining/lounge room with magnificent views to Mount Boogarem, gather in the Yoga Temple to receive teaching and guidance, participate in sacred ceremony on the land, commune with nature, enjoy healing and massage from one of our experienced therapists, share stories around the fire pit, swim in the freshwater dam, take in the scenery from one of the many decks, walk through the old growth rainforest to the Sacred Spring or wander around the grounds. Pay a visit to the grandfather camphor tree, the ‘elephant’ fig in the paddock or sit with the majestic cedar tree in the fairy glen – there are many hidden spots where you can take time to be with yourself and immerse in silence.
Booking Sacred Hearth Sanctuary allows you exclusive access to the entire property. While you are staying with us we are delighted to create a tailored retreat experience for you on your holiday or provide the space for you to host your own retreat.
- 5 luxury guest rooms accommodating 14 guests – 1 quad room, 2 triple rooms, 2 twin rooms, 1 deluxe twin (queen beds) with deck.
- 3 luxury shared bathrooms
- Shanti Healing Room – can be used either as a healing room or as a twin room for 2 guests
- Kitchen with large range, oven and dishwasher
- Dining room / lounge with wood-burning stove
- Extensive decks all around the house
- Daybeds, tables and chairs and seating on the decks for enjoying the views
The ‘Bales’ Rustic cabin
- 1 queen bed, ideal for the facilitator
- Use of the Temple bathroom or outdoor showers
- 64m2 in size, large deck and 200m2 grassed outdoor area
- 14 yoga mats and blankets / cushions
- Outdoor kitchen with hob, oven and fridge freezer
- Pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for 20
- Outdoor dining table for 8 and smaller table for 4
- Bathroom with shower, toilet & vanity
- Ceiling fan
Outdoor showers x 2
- For those in the ‘Bales’ or campers
- With views of the rainforest outside Shanti Studio
Outdoor toilets x 3
- For campers and users of the Yoga Temple
- With views of the rainforest outside the temple
- Large fire-pit for ultimate sunset watching and group gatherings (firewood included)
- Smaller portable fire-pit for use elsewhere on the property
- Hanging nest chair for stunning views of Mount Boogarem
- Freshwater dam for swimming
- Orchard for delightful harvesting of custard apples, oranges, mangoes, mandarins, feijoa, lemons and grapefruit when in season
- Vegetable garden offering an abundance of home-grown organic produce
- Sweet spots for contemplation underneath the old cedar, the ‘elephant’ fig and the grandfather camphor tree
The Sanctuary is available to hire on request. Book and host your retreat.
You’ll find more retreat venues at Retreat Me Happy Venues
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.